Race Car Parade
9 AM - Saturday, October 28, 2023
The Mountain Moonshine Festival kicks off with a parade on Saturday morning to introduce our Grand Marshal each year. Led by the Grand Marshal, the parade of historical race cars is a favorite among festival attendees of all ages. You never know who will be riding in the race cars but all of the owners love standing near their cars all weekend to talk about the good ole race days, and the more current race days! If you don't believe us, just ask them!
Race Car Parade Registration
Welcome to the 56th Annual Mountain Moonshine Festival. Our visitors LOVE looking at the race cars and talking to the drivers and owners. They even love hearing them fire up every now and then. We really appreciate you being an impressive part of our worthwhile fundraiser that provides assistance to the less fortunate children of Dawson County.
• Because of fire marshal regulations, space in the parade is very limited. If you participate in the parade, your cars must stay parked in the City Park ALL weekend. Parade participants must pre-register prior to the festival.
• Please bring race cars Friday afternoon, after 5pm to Bearden’s Funeral Home. There will be a police officer looking over the cars all night.
• Haulers need to be parked in the gravel parking lot behind Bearden’s Funeral Home.
• Please report to the KARE for Kids representative at Bearden’s Funeral Home before 8:00 am on Saturday morning for the parade. You must be at Bearden’s by 8:15 am, or you will not be admitted into the parking lot for the parade.
• Bearden’s Funeral Home address is, 334 Georgia 53, Dawsonville, GA 30534, and is located across from the Dawsonville City Hall/Food Lion
• You must leave your cars parked overnight in town on Saturday night. There will be deputies on patrol watching over your cars all night.
• There is no charge for parking your race cars in town, but donations are greatly appreciated!